20 WAYS TO BUMP YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA UP A NOTCH
SINCE LAUNCHING HER PUBLISHING CAREER IN 2000, US MARKETING GURU WENDY LEWIS HAS WRITTEN MORE THAN 30 BOOKS. THIS EXCERPT IS FROM HER FIRST BUSINESS- TO-BUSINESS PUBLICATION WRITTEN EXCLUSIVELY FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS, AESTHETIC CLINIC MARKETING IN THE DIGITAL AGE.
1. Fill-in-the-Blank Posts: Crowdsource to get a data point of interest (e.g., If I could have any aesthetic treatment, I would _________?)
2. Behind-the-Scenes Photos: Take candid shots of yourself or your employees, or snap a shot of your office or workspace.
3. DidYouKnow Stats: Share new, relevant statistics that are of general interest, such as ‘#DidYouKnow that 50 per cent of women will start losing their hair before they turn 50?’ Include a source or link for credit.
4.Post a Link to an Old Blog Post: Think about recycling good content. An older post can be reused to gain new engagement by extending its life and refreshing the content with a new hashtag or image.
5. Quotagraphics: Post a funny or inspirational quote and image branded with your clinic logo or URL on it. Include #QOTD (quote of the day) or #Wisewords.
6. Infographics: Find an infographic your followers would appreciate, and share it along with your comments, or create your own. Use a theme that will generate shares, such as ‘5 Ways Not to Hate Your Neck’ or ‘Skincare Clinic: Key Ingredients Your Skin Needs.’
7. Product Photos: These images perform best on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. Add your own unique angle (e.g., staff member using the product, patient-submitted photo, doctor showing how to use it, etc.), and tag the brand.
8. Recommend Your Favourite Products: Share a list, photos, and benefits of your top sellers, highest-rated products, or the doctor’s personal favorites to make it more personal.
9. Offer Relevant Tips: Post expert tips that your followers will nd helpful. Add commonly used hashtags, such as #SkincareTip #FitTip #AcneTip #ProTip.
10. Post a GIF or Meme: Getting your customers to smile along with you is a good way to build your community. Search for GIFs or memes online by the action or emotion you want to convey, such as ‘That moment when you….’
11. Share Breaking Industry News: Stay on top of what is going on in aesthetic medicine, dermatology, and cosmetic surgery, or offer a synopsis with your opinion on cutting-edge research as it arises.
12. Share Your Predictions: Consumers and media love predictions from experts. For instance, ‘The next big thing in medical aesthetics will be targeted llers for lips and eyes.’
13. Profile the Staff: Let your followers know something more personal about the staff they interact with. Give them a glimpse of the real people behind the scenes in your practice – from the bookkeeper to the receptionist.
14. Share photos from an Event: Use the event hashtag for maximum exposure, such as #IMCAS2017, and tag any people (not patients without permission!) and locations in the photos.
15. Create a Post Series: Share a series of themed and numbered posts over a specified number of days, such as ‘10 Reasons Why Your Hair May Be Falling Out.’ This helps give fans a reason to come back for the next post on a topic of interest.
16. Host a Giveaway: Ask your fans or followers to comment on or answer a question or share their photo or experience to enter to win a special gift, such as samples of a new product, goody bag of products, or gift certificate.
17. Offer a Sneak Peek: Whet your fans’ appetites by showing a sneak peek of an upcoming contest, new treatment, or product launch.
18. Answer an FAQ: Is there a question you get asked a lot by patients? Answer it on Facebook, create a short video for YouTube, or create a slide deck for SlideShare.
19. Post an Excerpt from a Blog Post: Rather than just posting a link and summary of the post, cut and paste a particularly intriguing excerpt to pique your readers’ interest.
20. Host a Video in Real Time: Engage your fans by doing a Facebook Live video of a consultation or treatment from your Facebook page with a live Q&A period where you can answer fan questions. Promote the event throughout all social media channels. AMP