ASX Announcement: Noxopharm’s Veyonda® Identified as Revolutionary Cancer Therapy
Australian clinical-stage drug development company Noxopharm Limited is pleased to provide its Appendix 4C Quarterly Activities report for the period ending 30 September 2020.
During the quarter, Noxopharm remained focused on the following three priorities:
- To conduct the necessary clinical trials towards establishing Veyonda® as an important new drug candidate, capable of meeting major unmet needs in the oncology field
- To build a data package that ascribes a $value to Veyonda® and that is capable of attracting an industry partner
- To build a drug pipeline that underwrites a future for the Company beyond Veyonda®.
- Pre-clinical studies confirm ability of Veyonda® to convert tumours from ‘COLD’ to ‘HOT’
- Represents significant industry development marking Veyonda® as important and potentially highly valuable second generation immuno-oncology (I-O) drug candidate
- Specialty pharma industry US corporate advisory company appointed to help steer Veyonda® clinical and commercial strategies in light of its emerging I-O profile
- Veyonda® on track to commence multi-national Phase 2 trial (DARRT-2) as I-O drug in late-stage prostate cancer in Q1 2021
- Phase 1 pilot study (NOXCOVID-1) testing Veyonda® in patients with early-stage respiratory distress associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection (COVID-19) commences
- Noxopharm remains well funded (including its anticipated R&D Rebate in Q4) to underwrite the planning of its clinical trial program.
About Noxopharm Limited
Noxopharm Limited (ASX:NOX) is an Australian clinical-stage drug development company focused on treating cancer with Veyonda®, its lead drug candidate.
Veyonda® is a dual-acting oncotoxic and immuno-oncology drug designed to enhance the effectiveness and safety of standard oncology treatments, i.e., chemotherapy, radiotherapy and immuno-oncology drugs. The drug acts by harnessing the body’s immune system to inflict damage on cancer cells in the body and has shown promise in treating a broad spectrum of cancers.
Noxopharm also has an active research and development (R&D) program for additional drug candidates and is the major shareholder of US biotechnology company Nyrada Inc. (ASX:NYR).
To learn more please visit: https://www.noxopharm.com/